What to expect working at Waboba:
Social Media Marketing Manager
Do you love Waboba and have loads of ideas? We’re seeking a highly creative, energetic, self-driven Social Media Manager to join our remote global marketing team, and step up our social media game on all relevant channels. Being the first line of interaction with our community, this role is essential in bringing the Waboba brand mission to life. The ideal candidate thrives in the social media space — loves to create engaging content and enjoys connecting with others — interacting with fans, other brands, influencers and ambassadors.
You’re a good fit for this role if you live life in the fast lane and love putting ideas into action. You have a natural drive and wake up asking yourself, what can I do better today than I did yesterday? You’re quick-witted, consistently bring new ideas to the table, love a challenge, take initiative, and seize opportunity when you see it. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and have fun! You are able to manage all the moving parts of social media - from launching a new product, working with influencers, responding to community comments, hosting a contest/giveaway with another brand, and capturing/posting a new TikTok video —all in the same day.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record in community management, content creation, and follower growth. The role will report directly to the Brand Manager/Creative Director.
• Develop and implement Waboba’s global social media strategy across all relevant channels
• Grow Waboba's social followings and engage audience across all relevant social networks
• Capture and create engaging content relevant for each channel
• Coordinate collaborations with like-minded brands and relevant influencers
• Schedule daily posts across social media channels and plan/manage the calendar
• Spearhead ambassador and influencer programs, and review/recruit new members from around the world
• Work with the sales and marketing teams to coordinate and execute social campaigns for key product launches and promotions
• Use social channels to organically grow Waboba’s online sales and word of mouth
• Pitch and execute social content series, campaigns, and promotions
• Coordinate social promotions with Waboba retailers and distributors
• Handle communication needs outside of typical business hours
• Monitor conversations and trends across social media platforms to respond timely and on brand
• Inform relevant internal teams of questions, product suggestions, ideas and trending topics
• Share weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance updates, including wins, learnings, and opportunities for improvement
• Self-starter - able to take leads and run with ideas
• Thrives in a fast-paced, remote-working environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with all major social media networks (especially TikTok and Instagram), in addition to analytics and scheduling tools
• Experience with Ads Manager and Klaviyo a plus
• Ability to engage with a wide demographic - people of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds
• Experience in the outdoor, toy, or sports marketing field a plus
• Has an eye for awesome lifestyle and sport content to keep the feed fresh
• Experience creating content with an outdoor lifestyle / sport action focus
• Qualified photography skills
• Video production and editing experience a plus
• Photoshop and graphic design experience a plus
• Highly organized and proactive, always looking for ways to push Waboba’s social forward while still staying on top of the day-to-day tasks
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to take feedback constructively
• A love of outdoor recreation, sports, travel, adventures, meeting new people, and playing like a kid
• A willingness to develop social content outside and on the go
• Highly creative and passionate about finding ways to keep life fun (brand motto) with Waboba.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Range: $45,000 - $50,000 DOE
Benefits include paid vacation and paid holidays. Remote position open to applicants worldwide.
Waboba is a global outdoor recreation and sporting goods brand. We are a small team of 25 employees with offices in Atlanta, Stockholm, and Guangzhou, and remote employees located in Charleston, Mexico, and Portugal. We work hard, but we play harder. Join our team and be a part of our next stage of growth!
Apply to Join Our Team